I’m excited to partner with Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser for this Coca-Cola Zero™ and OREO Cookie Crumble Cake post. All opinions are mine alone. #GreatTasteTourney #CollectiveBias
It’s the middle of March, and besides crazy weather patterns here in Colorado (70 degrees one day, snow and ice the next), we also know it’s the start of The Big Tournament, the ultimate in basketball playoffs. I don’t know about you, but I feel like everyone around me is talking about their brackets – or busted brackets at this point. The chatter around my office is at an all-time high about whose bracket is going to win the big office pool. Each meeting starts with a good 5 minutes of trash talking. It’s a fun way to keep the energies up, when the weather just won’t cooperate.
This Coke Zero and OREO Cookie Crumble Cake is the perfect mid-day office snack to take in and share with coworkers, whether they are celebrating their latest victories, or just want to wallow in their losses.
It’s also a perfect party treat to take with you if you happen to be visiting friends for the latest games. This quick, easy recipe is perfect for game day. Share this recipe with a crowd! It’s simple to make, and lets you get back to the game!
Full recipe details are below, but here are the post-game highlights of how this game, I mean cake, went.
1.Gather all your teammates together for a pre-game huddle. You want to make sure everyone knows it’s going to be a great game (I mean, cake… yes… cake)
2. Make sure each player knows their position, and warms up properly. That means, warm up the oven, grease the bundt pan, and make sure the OREO cookies are properly crumbled.
3. Get the team on the court, or in this case, into the mixing bowl so they can work together to score big!
4. In this cake, your star players, Coca-Cola Zero and OREO still have to work together with the other ingredients. Make sure they mix well with the team.
5. Feature OREO in a game-changing play. What was supposed to be a standard play, of pouring the cake batter into the pan, has now become a Dribble-Drive offense, with a potential 3-point shot. OREO cookie crumbles line the bottom of the pan, and OREO pieces sneak down the middle before all players meet at the basket.
5. Fall back for halftime, while the players hang-out in the locker room (the oven). Let them rest a little bit longer on the bench (the counter), before you let them back on the court.
6. Right before you pull them off the bench, bring them in for a huddle to discuss this next play. Its Coke Zero’s shining moment to make the game-winning basket.
7. Go in for the final, full-court press, man-on-man coverage for the last few seconds of the game (I mean cake… right.)
WHEW! That was a great game. Well played everyone!
So, how is the cake, really? Well – let’s just say this: the OREO cookie crumbles that are now at the top add a nice little crunch when you bite in. The hidden OREO cookie pieces inside perfectly blend with the cake, but add a bit of surprise when you take the second bite. And the Coca-Cola Zero Chocolate Glaze is just the right amount of sweetness, to pull it all together. This cake is ultra-moist and in one bite, both my daughter and I said, “Oh-WOW!”
I have a feeling this will soon become YOUR go-to basketball playoff, or anytime party, dessert. The best part, is its perfectly shareable for office parties, or just to help someone get over getting knocked out of their fantasy pool.
You can find all your favorite snacks and Coke Zero products at your friendly neighborhood Safeway. Be on the look out for the specially marked Coca-Cola basketball cans and look for Taste the Madness signs in Safeway stores.
If you’re feeling lucky, you can head over to the Coca-Cola Play to Win site to win lots of NCAA prizes: Visit cokeplaytowin.com/tastethemadness for a chance to win NCAA prizes.
- Mondelēz International and Coca-Cola are Corporate Champion and Partners of the NCAA.
- NCAA and Taste the Madness are trademarks of the National Collegiate Athletic Association.
- © Mondelēz International group © Coca-Cola Zero is a registered trademark of the Coca-Cola Company.
Want more recipes like this one? Simply click here for other, easy peasy recipes.
How do you celebrate the games? Do you have an office bracket or simply binge watch games on your house at home? Leave a comment below!